Followers

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Last night of soccer

June 25, 2008 was the last night of spring soccer. Both girls went to their games and were very excited. Grandma Pam and Uncle Chris along with Cookie and Sam split their time so they could watch both the girls in their last game. They got to see more of Emma playing than I did all year. I can't wait til they can play at the same place so I can watch them both. Oh well, I guess there is always fall soccer. Kaitlyn's Grandma Annette and Grandpa Bob came up to watch her as well. She played great. It all comes together at the end. She went after that ball and kept going. Red faced and sweaty, she was a sight to see. I was proud of her. They grow up so fast. At the very end of the game, she went after the ball along with a member from the opposing team. Kaitlyn blocked to ball with a very loud, hard hit to the back of her hand. That is where her season ended. She is fine now and no swelling or anything. I hope she wants to play again. It is fun to watch them. I just wish we didn't have to sit through the cold and the rain as often as we do. So, now summer is just summer. Until school starts again. And dance. And soccer. And girl scouts. I don't want to think about it right now!

1 comment:

rasslinmama said...

Soccer was fun last night and I'm glad we got to share it with you and the girls. I hope you can enjoy the rest of summer in a relaxed and leisurely way. Your dad and I are looking forward to spending the weekend of the 4th. with you at the lake.
Love,
Mom